Monday, September 12, 2011

Welcome to the Blog

The other, ponderous blog on this page (The Wilton Wine Shop) is a piece I wrote as a participant in the Maine Writing Project. Generally, I'll post blogs which are more relevant to your enjoyment of wine- particular wines, wine types, menu pairings, fun stuff.

I tend to shy away from the techno-talk about wine; when anybody starts in about malo-lactic fermentation I doze off pretty quickly. Likewise, I find some of the descriptions pretty heavy-going: honey-pear tobacco elements with seaweed overtones, I mean, come on. The whole numbers concept- this Beaujolais is an 84, and this Oregon Pinot is an 89- is silly beyond belief, and I look forward to ranting about it in greater detail in future.

I like to learn about the people in the business- their stories, their families. I enjoy both the age-old traditions, and the rebels who thrive on flouting them. It's the endless variety I enjoy the most, and the ensuing discussions with friends over supper. What fun! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment